Looking for things to do in Liberia? Museo de Guanacaste is a great spot to hit when looking for what to do in Liberia. The Museum of Guanacaste, located in the City of Liberia, a building built between 1932-1940, was the seat of the Command, ancient police service and served as a prison for the city. The Law 8543 of the Assembly of the Republic of Costa Rica decrees the creation of the Museum of Guanacaste. In addition is declared in 1998, Historic Architectural Heritage of Costa Rica.
A great little piece of history. Very educational. Not crowded. Easy to take your time and see everything. The jail cells are very interesting to the children also. This museum offers much more than just a jail.
Tour are not very long but very informative. Great place to visit. Would recommend anyone to come take a tour.
Right now is under renovation but many cultural activities are been hell to keep the Museum alive . So you can be informed in its official page for all activities coming soon
- Museo De Guanacaste Address: Av 1, Liberia 50101, Costa Rica
- Museo De Guanacaste Contact Number: +506-26657114
- Museo De Guanacaste Timing: 08:00 am – 04:00 pm
- Museo De Guanacaste Price: Free
- Best time to visit Museo De Guanacaste(preferred time): 10:00 am – 03:00 pm
- Time required to visit Museo De Guanacaste: 01:00 Hrs